Most popular articles
You can switch to Bulb with a smart meter
You’ll need to send manual readings to start. We’ll upgrade it to make it smart again by 2020.Read more
Getting the most from your Bulb account
Your Bulb account makes it easy and fast for you to manage your energy.Read more
Let us know if you're moving home
You can do this by choosing 'Move Out' in your Bulb account. You can also sign up your new home.Read more
We take payments in advance
If you use less energy than your monthly payment, your Bulb account will be in credit.Read more
Give £50 and get £50 when you refer friends
We credit both you and your friend when we start supplying your friend’s home.Read more
Submitting meter readings
We’ll ask you for regular meter readings. You can submit them online or in the app.Read more
- Contact us
- The Green Deal: how it works, and when Bulb will start offering it
- How Bulb buys its electricity
- Bulb's electricity: where it comes from and how it reaches your home
- Bulb's green gas: where it comes from and how much is renewable
- Carbon offsets: what they are, how they work and what that means for Bulb
- I’ve been switched by mistake (also called an erroneous transfer)
- What happens when you switch to Bulb
- Signing up multiple properties
- Leaving Bulb
- What to do when your previous supplier has objected to your switch
- What to do if your old supplier’s final meter readings don’t match our opening readings
- Why is my old supplier still charging me?
- Do I need to tell my previous supplier before I switch?
- Your final bill from your previous supplier
- Claiming exit fees charged by your previous supplier
- What happens to credit or debit with my previous supplier?
- Should I cancel my Direct Debit with my previous supplier?
- Changing your payments
- Standing charges
- How Bulb calculates your payments
- My account is in credit, why should I increase my payments?
- Why are my payments being increased?
- Why does my bill look higher than usual?
- 10 home renovations to save on your energy bills
- Where can I find my Bulb account number?
- What should I do if the account holder has passed away?
- What support services does Bulb offer to our members?
- Impartial help and advice about your energy
- Hoax or scam phone calls
- Can I change to or from an Economy 7 meter?
- Can I get an Economy 7 meter fitted?
- Faulty or broken meters
- Getting your meter changed
- How can I get my meter moved?
- What are my off-peak hours for Economy 7?
- Can I get help to read my meters?
- How do estimated meter readings work?
- How do meter validation companies approve my meter readings?
- How to read your meter
- Submitting meter readings
- What if I’m on holiday and can’t send meter readings?
- Can I switch to Bulb with a smart meter?
- When will Bulb roll out smart meters?
- Are Bulb's smart meters compatible with solar panels?
- Can I get a smart meter if I switch to Bulb?
- Energy saving tips and using your smart meter's In-Home Display
- First generation (SMETS1) smart meters
- Smart Meter Installation Code of Practice
- Can I change or cancel the appointment for my smart meter installation?
- Do I need to prepare anything for my smart meter installation?
- Do I need to be home for my smart meter installation?
- How long will my smart meter installation take?
- How much space do I need for a smart meter installation?
- My smart meter's In-Home Display has frozen, what should I do?
- Connecting your smart meter's In-Home Display (IHD) to Wi-Fi
- My smart meter's In-Home Display (IHD) screen has gone off, what should I do?
- My smart meter's In-Home Display (IHD) won't connect, what should I do?
- Switching the language back to English on your smart meter's In-Home Display
- Can I exchange my prepayment meter?
- Can I switch to Bulb with a prepayment meter?
- Can I switch when I have debt on my prepayment meter?
- Getting to know your electricity top-up meter
- Getting to know your gas top-up meter
- How do I read my prepayment meter?
- What do the prepayment meter errors mean?
- What should I do If I’ve lost my electricity key or gas card?
- What should I do if my prepayment credit is about to run out?
- Why didn’t my gas card work when I topped up after a long wait?
- Why is there less credit on my prepay meter than the amount I topped up?
Find and share solutions with other Bulb members.
Discuss climate change. Or just the British weather.
Manage your energy
with your Bulb account
Submit your meter readings, change your payment
settings, download your statements and more.
How to contact us
Helpdesk available Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Wednesday to Friday
10am to 12pm, 3pm to 6pm
How to contact us
Our phone lines are currently very busy.
If you can, please call another day or send us an email at email@example.com.
If you need to contact us urgently, you can do so on 0300 30 30 635.
If you need to call us, our number is 0300 30 30 635