Most popular articles
You’ll need to send manual readings to start. We’ll upgrade it to make it smart again by 2020.
If you use less energy than your monthly payment, your Bulb account will be in credit.
We credit both you and your friend when we start supplying your friend’s home.
- How can I contact Bulb?
- How does Bulb buy its electricity?
- Does Bulb offer a dual fuel discount?
- How is Bulb regulated by OFGEM?
- Where is Bulb's electricity from and how does it reach my home?
- Bulb's green gas: where it comes from, what percentage is renewable, and why
- I’ve been switched by mistake (also called an erroneous transfer)
- What happens when I switch to Bulb?
- Can I sign up multiple properties?
- How do I leave Bulb?
- Why has my previous supplier objected to my switch to Bulb?
- What to do if my old supplier’s final reads don’t match Bulb’s opening readings?
- Why is my old supplier still charging me?
- Do I need to tell my old supplier before I switch?
- When will I get my final bill from my old supplier?
- How to claim exit fees charged by your old supplier
- What happens to credit or debit with my old supplier?
- Should I cancel my Direct Debit with my old supplier?
- How can I change my payments?
- What is a standing charge?
- How do you calculate my payments?
- My account is in credit, why should I increase my payments?
- Why are my payments being increased?
- Why does my bill look higher than usual?
- 10 home renovations to save on your energy bills
- Where can I find my Bulb account number?
- What should I do if the account holder has passed away?
- What support services does Bulb offer to our members?
- Where can I get impartial help with an energy problem?
- What should I do if I think I've received a hoax or scam phone call?
- Can I change to or from an Economy 7 meter?
- Can I get an Economy 7 meter fitted?
- Can I get my meter changed?
- How can I get my meter moved?
- What are my off-peak hours for Economy 7?
- What does it mean if I have related meters?
- Can I get help to read my meters?
- How do estimated meter readings work?
- How do I read my meter?
- How do I submit a meter reading?
- How do meter validation companies approve my meter readings?
- What if I’m on holiday and can’t send meter readings?
- Can I switch to Bulb with a smart meter?
- When will Bulb roll out smart meters?
- Are Bulb's smart meters compatible with solar panels?
- Can I get a smart meter if I switch to Bulb?
- Energy saving tips and using your smart meter's In-Home Display
- How safe is my smart meter?
- Smart Meter Installation Code of Practice
- Can I change or cancel the appointment for my smart meter installation?
- Do I need to prepare anything for my smart meter installation?
- Do I need to be home for my smart meter installation?
- How long will my smart meter installation take?
- How much space do I need for a smart meter installation?
- Can I exchange my prepayment meter?
- Can I switch to Bulb with a prepayment meter?
- Can I switch when I have debt on my prepayment meter?
- Getting to know your electricity top-up meter
- Getting to know your gas top-up meter
- How do I read my prepayment meter?
- What do the prepayment meter errors mean?
- What should I do If I’ve lost my electricity key or gas card?
- What should I do if my prepayment credit is about to run out?
- Why didn’t my gas card work when I topped up after a long wait?
- Why is there less credit on my prepay meter than the amount I topped up?
Find and share solutions with other Bulb members.
Discuss climate change. Or just the British weather.
Manage your energy
with your Bulb account
Submit your meter readings, change your payment
settings, download your statements and more.
How to contact us
Helpdesk available Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Wednesday to Friday
10am to 12pm, 3pm to 6pm
How to contact us
Our phone lines are currently very busy.
If you can, please call another day or send us an email.
Our helpdesk will be closed on Monday, 26th August 2019 for the bank holiday