Switching to Bulb if you're supplied by an independent gas transporter (IGT)

Being supplied by an independent gas transporter (IGT) means your gas isn't supplied by the National Grid. An independent company manages the pipes that supply your home with gas. This is found most often in rural areas and in newly built properties.

IGT gas

IGT-supplied gas is exactly the same as gas that comes from the National Grid. The only difference is that the last stretch of pipes to your home are managed by another company.

We don't charge extra for IGT supplies. Thanks to an industry-wide project called Nexus, there is no extra work for tricky IGT switches and no extra cost for you. Read more about Project Nexus.

Finding out if you're supplied by an IGT

Check your gas supply point number (also called a meter point reference number, or MPRN) on your bill. If it starts with 74, 75, 76, or 77 then you will be supplied by an IGT.

Was this article helpful?