Find out what to do if:
- you think you have a gas leak
- your gas isn't working
- there's been a power cut
- you have prepay meter and your electricity or gas supply goes out
If you have any other kind of emergency, email email@example.com or call us on 0300 30 30 635 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm).
If you can smell gas or think there's a gas leak
Stay safe by following this advice:
- open your doors and windows so the gas can escape
- don't smoke or use matches or cigarette lighters
- don't turn light switches or anything electrical on or off, including mobile phones
- if you can, turn off your gas supply at the meter and leave it switched off until you're sure it's safe to turn it back on again
Then you should go outside and call the National Gas Service Emergency Line on 0800 111 999 to report a suspected gas leak. They'll advise you from there.
Don't go back inside until they've given you the all clear.
If your gas isn't working
Call Bulb on 0300 303 0635 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm) if you don't seem to have gas coming to your property, but you don't smell a gas leak.
Outside those hours, you'll need to contact your network operator. You can find your network operator through this online form.
If you have a power cut
Contact your local network operator by calling 105.
You can also visit www.powercut105.com for more information and to find out who your local network operator is.
You can also find out what to do if your electricity goes off but you're not sure if there's a power cut in your area.
If you have a prepay meter
If your electricity or gas supply goes out and you have a prepay meter, find out:
If you’re having difficulty keeping up with your payments and keeping the meter topped up, please get in touch. We can discuss how we can help and refer you to other organisations if you’d like some impartial advice.