What support services does Bulb offer to our members?

We offer free support services if you or someone you live with needs help to manage your energy supply. For example, because you:

  • are aged 60 or over
  • have a child under 5 years old
  • have a disability or long term health problem
  • have recently experienced a life changing event, such as a bereavement or job loss

Some suppliers call this the 'Priority Services Register'. 

Check your eligibility and register for our support services.

Here are the free services we offer.

Give engineers a codeword

You can provide a codeword for whenever a meter reader or engineer comes to visit you, so you can verify their identity.

Nominate someone to look after your energy for you

You can nominate someone to manage your energy for you. This could be a friend, family member or carer.

Home visits to take meter readings every 3 months

We can send someone to visit your home and take a meter reading once every 3 months. This way you don't need to worry about keeping your bills accurate if you have trouble getting to your meter due to a tricky location or your mobility.

Priority reconnection

We can arrange for your home to be reconnected urgently if there's a power cut. This can be important if, for example, you use electrical medical equipment at home.

Statements in accessible formats

We can arrange for statements to be sent:

  • by post
  • in a large print format
  • in braille

Get more information from Citizens Advice

Citizens Advice provides more information about getting support from your energy supplier and your rights as an energy consumer.


Was this article helpful?