What should I do if I’m moving into a new home?

Head to our Moving in page and create an account.

Just moved into a new home supplied by Bulb?

Hello, welcome to Bulb! The first thing you need to do is create an account to pay for the energy you’re using. To get started, head to our Moving in page and click “Moving in”.

We’ll ask for your address, email and password, and payment details.

Once that’s done, you’ll need to submit your first meter reading in your brand new Bulb account. This will let us know how much energy you’ve used since you took over responsibility for the property.

We’ll use your readings to calculate your monthly payments, and your first payment will come out 10 days after you’ve created your account.

Taking regular meter readings will help us to ensure you’re paying the right amount for your energy. A reading every 3 months should be fine. And if you ever do decide to leave us, we’ll be sad to see you go but we’ll never charge you exit fees.

Moving into a home not supplied by Bulb?

If you’ve just moved in and want to switch to Bulb, you may need to let your current supplier know who you are, if you haven’t already. This is so they can accurately bill you for the energy you’ve used since you took over responsibility for the property.

If you don’t know who supplies your home, you can phone your electricity distribution company or use Find My Supplier to find out who supplies your home with gas.

Once you’ve done that, you can sign up to Bulb by heading to bulb.co.uk – it takes just 2 minutes. Don’t worry, you won't lose power during the switch.

If your previous home was supplied by Bulb

If you’ve recently moved, or you’re about to move out of a home supplied by Bulb, you can take us with you to your new home. We’ve written about the steps you need to take next:

What should I do if I'm moving out?

Was this article helpful?