Support during the coronavirus outbreak

If you need help and can't find an answer in our Help Centre, send us a message or use our online chat. During business hours we usually respond to chats within 2 minutes.

Read our advice to members or find out what to do in an emergency.

Can I switch when I have debt on my prepayment meter?

You can switch to Bulb if the debt you owe your current supplier is less than £500.

Just get in touch and we’ll work out how to move what you owe over to Bulb. Then we’ll set up a way that suits you to pay it back.  

You can call us Monday to Friday, 9AM to 6PM, on 0300 30 30 635 or email

Was this article helpful?