Documents you'll need to sign up to FIT


Your MCS Certificate

What is an MCS Certificate?

When your microgeneration system is installed by an MCS certified installer, they give you an MCS Certificate as part of your Handover Pack. It has details about your installation you’ll need to sign up for FIT with Bulb.

What does an MCS Certificate look like?

It will look something like this:

An MCS Certificate, with a logo at the top followed by the installation and equipment details.

Where do I find my MCS Certificate?

Your MCS Certificate should have been given to you by your installer as part of your Handover Pack. Your installer could also have emailed it to you.

If you've bought a property which already has an installation, the person or company you bought it from will be able to point you in the right direction.

Still can’t find it? The MCS website has information on finding or requesting a new certificate.


Your Energy Performance Certificate

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) shows how energy efficient a property is and what you can do to improve it. New homes tend to have higher EPC ratings than older ones. It is legally required that a property is assessed for an EPC after they are constructed, or before they are sold or let.

What does an EPC look like?

It will look something like this:

An Energy Performance Certificate, showing a property’s Energy Efficiency Rating and Environmental Impact Rating.

Where can I find my EPC?

You can have a look at the EPC register. Enter your postcode, select your address, and click show reports. You can then get a PDF of your certificate to download.  


Your battery schematic

What is a battery schematic?

This is a diagram that shows how your installation, generation meter, and storage device are connected together. This should have been provided by your battery installer.

We need this to make sure that your FIT payments are accurate.

What does a battery schematic look like?

Your battery schematic will probably be a line diagram. It will look something like this:

A battery schematic diagram, showing a battery’s connection to other components in a Feed-in Tariff installation.


Your FIT proof of ownership

We need to verify that you own the installation at your property before we can register you for FIT payments. Your proof of ownership must contain your name and address. The owner of the installation must be a named person on your Bulb account.

What do we consider to be proof of ownership?

You need to provide a receipt or an invoice that shows proof of purchase and has your name and address on it.

If your property is a new build, and you don’t have this, we can accept a letter from your housing contractor that states your installation was part of the purchase of your home. Here’s an example letter.


Your personal identification documents

We accept these documents as proof of identity:

  • Current photocard driving license
  • Full old-style driving license
  • Current signed passport
  • Birth certificate
  • National identity card with a photo of the applicant
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency



Was this article helpful?