Support during the coronavirus outbreak

If you need help and can't find an answer in our Help Centre, send us a message or use our online chat. During business hours we usually respond to chats within 2 minutes.

Read our advice to members or find out what to do in an emergency.

Switching your FIT installation to Bulb

You'll need the following documents to switch your FIT installation to Bulb. 

Your MCS Certificate

What is an MCS Certificate?

When your microgeneration system is installed by an MCS certified installer, they give you an MCS Certificate as part of your Handover Pack. It has details about your installation you’ll need to sign up for FIT with Bulb.

What does an MCS Certificate look like?

It will look something like this:

An MCS Certificate, with a logo at the top followed by the installation and equipment details.

Where do I find my MCS Certificate?

Your MCS Certificate should have been given to you by your installer as part of your Handover Pack. Your installer could also have emailed it to you.

If you've bought a property which already has an installation, the person or company you bought it from will be able to point you in the right direction.

Still can’t find it? The MCS website has information on finding or requesting a new certificate.


Your battery schematic

What is a battery schematic?

This is a diagram that shows how your installation, generation meter, and storage device are connected together. This should have been provided by your battery installer.

We need this to make sure that your FIT payments are accurate.

What does a battery schematic look like?

Your battery schematic will probably be a line diagram. It will look something like this:

A battery schematic diagram, showing a battery’s connection to other components in a Feed-in Tariff installation.


Your personal identification documents

We accept these documents as proof of identity:

  • Current photocard driving license
  • Full old-style driving license
  • Current signed passport
  • Birth certificate
  • National identity card with a photo of the applicant
  • Benefit book or original notification letter from Benefits Agency
Was this article helpful?