When smart meters are installed, you’ll also be given an In-Home Display (IHD). This is a small digital screen which shows how much energy you’re using.
There are two models of In-Home display
- IHD3-PPMID: cannot connect to Wi-Fi
- IHD3-CAD-PPMID: can connect to Wi-Fi
Connecting the IHD3-CAD-PPMID In-Home Display to Wi-Fi
If you were given one of these displays by the engineer, they should’ve already connected it to your Wi-Fi. If they didn’t, or it’s got disconnected, these are the steps you need to connect it.
1) Navigate through the controls to join the network
- Press Menu/OK to bring up the menu
- Press the forward Arrow until you see Settings [OK]
- Press Menu/OK to select Settings
- Press the forward Arrow until you see Switch on Wi-Fi and press Menu/OK
- Press the forward Arrow until you see Join Network and press Menu/OK
2) Choose how you would like to connect to Wi-Fi
There are three different methods:
- Scan for networks
- WPS Push Button
- WPS PIN Entry
Press the forward Arrow to make your choice and Menu/OK to select it
Use the arrows to enter the password for your Wi-Fi network:
- Use the forward and back arrows to select upper case, lower case, numbers or symbols
- press Menu/OK after every character
- Press Save to save the password when you’re done.
If you choose to connect to your Wi-Fi using the WPS Push Button, you need to press the WPS button located on the back of your router and select the WPS Push Button option. Press MENU/OK to complete.
To disable the Wi-Fi connection
Press the right Arrow to scroll through to Settings [OK]
Use the right Arrow to scroll to Switch off Wi-Fi? and press Menu/OK.