You can sign up for our Export Payments if:
- you generate electricity from solar photovoltaic panels, wind, hydro, anaerobic digestion or micro combined heat and power (micro-CHP)
- you have a smart meter or export meter that records your exported energy every half hour
- your installation has an MCS certificate, or a certificate from an equivalent scheme
- the total installed capacity of your installation doesn’t exceed 5 MW, or 50 kW for micro-CHP (you can find this information on your installation’s certificate)
Our Export Payments are subject to Terms and Conditions.
You don’t have to be a Bulb member to sign up
You can sign up for our Export Payments even if your electricity is supplied by someone else.
If you already get export payments with another supplier
You can only be paid for exports by one energy supplier.
If you’re already getting payments from another supplier, but you'd prefer to get them from Bulb, follow these steps:
- Contact your current supplier and end your contract for exported electricity payments. This is usually called a Smart Export Guarantee tariff.
- Sign up for Export Payments with Bulb.
- Email us at email@example.com to let us know you’re switching from another supplier.
And if you get Feed-In Tariff export payments with another supplier, you’ll have to tell them you want to opt out of those payments before you can apply for Export Payments with Bulb.
If you have batteries
You can sign up for Export Payments if you have batteries that export, as long as you also have a certified renewable installation.
We currently don't pay for energy from batteries alone.
After you’ve signed up
We’ll send you an email to let you know when we’ve processed your application.
We'll need to do a bit of behind-the-scenes work so that Bulb can claim your exported energy as our contribution to the grid. Don't worry, we’ll still pay you for your exported energy while we do this work.
Payments are made every 3 months at a fixed rate of 5.38p per kWh.
We won’t read your smart meter automatically so you’ll need to send us an export meter reading every 3 months. We'll send you an email when it’s time. You can find out how to take an export reading from your smart meter if you’re not sure.
How your exported energy reaches the grid
Your exported electricity will automatically go to the grid as long as your installation is connected to it. When you sign up for Export Payments with Bulb, we’ll pay you for that electricity, and claim it as our contribution to the grid.
For Bulb to claim the electricity that you export, your export MPAN (a number that identifies your export meter point) must be registered to Bulb. Don't worry, we register it when you sign up.
If you’re not signed up to our Export Payments at the moment, Bulb won’t be able to claim your electricity. Until you have an export MPAN that is registered to Bulb, the electricity you export doesn’t go to Bulb.
Because of this, we aren't able to make back-payments for electricity that you exported before you were signed up to our Export Payments.