Support during the coronavirus outbreak

If you need help and can't find an answer in our Help Centre, send us a message or use our online chat. During business hours we usually respond to chats within 2 minutes.

Read our advice to members or find out what to do in an emergency.

Installation requirements to apply for FIT

You must be the installation owner

The name of the person applying to Bulb for Feed-in Tariff payouts must match the owner of the installation on Ofgem’s database. If the installation isn’t currently in your name on Ofgem’s database we will not be able to process the switch.

The name could be wrong because there has been a change of ownership.

When this happens the name of ownership on the Ofgem database needs to be changed by the current FIT provider and the new owner needs to provide evidence of the change of ownership of the solar panels to the FIT provider.

Your installation must be connected to the grid

You can find out whether your installation is connected to the electricity grid by checking your MCS certificate. If your installation is connected to the grid your certificate will have an MPAN number on it and state that the DNO (Distribution Network Operator) is going to be notified of the installation.

If your installation is off-grid, it means that you are not exporting energy onto the national grid. Chances are, your installation is connected to the grid. But if it is off-grid, choose that option when you apply to Bulb for FIT payouts. 

Was this article helpful?