Support during the coronavirus outbreak

If you need help and can't find an answer in our Help Centre, send us a message or use our online chat. During business hours we usually respond to chats within 2 minutes.

Read our advice to members or find out what to do in an emergency.

Moving into a house with solar panels

If you’ve just moved into a house with solar panels where Bulb pays the Feed-In Tariff (FIT), we'll need to transfer the FIT payments into your name.

Documents you will need to provide

1. A signed letter from the previous owner naming you as the new owner.

This should include:

  • Name of the previous owner
  • Name of the new owner
  • Property address
  • Change of ownership date
  • Change of ownership meter reading
  • Signature of both parties

2. A copy of the sales agreement document specifically stating the ownership of the solar panels was included in the purchase of the property. This is often included in the TA6 (Property Information) form as part of the sale of a house.

You'll also need to fill in an application form to sign up for the Feed-in Tariff (FIT) in your Bulb account. 

Was this article helpful?