You can offset your carbon footprint with Bulb even if we don't supply your energy. And you can keep offsetting with us even if you switch your energy supply away from Bulb. Here's some information about how it works.
The amount you pay depends on how you choose to offset
There are 2 ways to offset.
- You can use the calculator to work out the size of your annual carbon footprint. We’ll split the cost to offset it into 12 parts so you can spread the cost by paying monthly.
- You can sign up to offset the average UK carbon footprint of 10.6 tonnes for £6.23 a month.
See your offsets and manage your payments in your Bulb account
In your Bulb account, tap 'Carbon footprint' to see:
- the annual carbon footprint you’re offsetting
- how much you pay each month
- your payments so far
Click on the ‘Manage payments’ button (next to your monthly payment amount) to:
- check how much you pay each month and the day the payment is taken
- update your payment card details
- cancel offsetting
We’ll let you know if there’s a problem with your payments
We’ll email you to let you know if your monthly payment fails. This may happen if your card has expired, has been reported as lost or stolen, or if you don’t have enough money in your account to cover the payment. We’ll attempt to take the payment each day for the next 3 days. If every attempt fails, we’ll cancel your offsetting payments and email you to let you know.
Cancelling your payments
You can cancel offsetting yourself at any time, and we’ll stop taking payments. Just go to the 'Carbon footprint' section in your Bulb account and click on 'Manage payments'.
If Bulb also supplies your energy, cancelling the offsetting of your carbon footprint won’t affect your energy account with us.
Getting a refund
If you cancel within 14 days of signing up to offset, then we’ll refund your first payment. It should take about 5 to 10 days to reach your bank account.
After 14 days, we can’t refund payments already taken.
And if you cancel with less than 1 day before your next payment date, there's a chance that your payment will still go through. If this happens, get in touch using the email address associated with your Bulb account, and we’ll sort out a refund.