These are some simple steps you can take to help keep your account safe.
Use a secure password
We recommend following the same steps for every account you create online, including:
- create a unique password
- make it at least 8 characters long
- instead of using long and complex passwords, try using 3 or 4 random words - this is harder for a computer to crack and easier for you to remember (for example, 'curtainsnosegeranium')
- don't substitute numbers for letters, or write your password down
- use an online password manager to keep track of your passwords
You can also check out the UK Standard Advice for secure passwords.
If you need to change your password, you can do it from your account settings.
Watch out for phishing attempts
'Phishing' is when someone tries to get your personal information by pretending to work for a company or website that you trust. This is usually done over email, but people might also try to get information from you in a phone conversation.
Bulb will never ask for:
- financial information via chat or email – and please don't send it to us this way either
- the password to your Bulb account
Find out what to do if you've received:
Report suspicious or fraudulent activity
We take fraud and security very seriously at Bulb.
Let us know if you see any unusual activity on your account, if you are suspicious of someone who claims to be representing Bulb, or think we have a security flaw.
Email email@example.com or, if it's urgent, call us on 0300 303 0635.
We’ll investigate, and get back to you as soon as possible.