We want to help people lower their energy bills and their carbon emissions. So we work with door to door sales teams up and down the country. When coronavirus (COVID-19) lockdown measures began earlier this year, we paused our door to door sales programme.
Following government advice as the lockdown eases across the UK, we began trialling door to door sales again from 22 June 2020.
We’ve started with 30 sales people for a trial period of 2 weeks in the following areas:
Salespeople are provided with personal protective equipment
Safety is our priority. We’re following social distancing guidelines and providing personal protective equipment (PPE) as advised by the government and the NHS, including:
- face masks
- no-contact door openers
- anti-bacterial gel
- anti-bacterial wipes
Salespeople will take safety precautions
Our salespeople are trained to look out for members of the public who are choosing to self-isolate or are sensitive about direct interactions. They won't approach or engage with elderly or vulnerable people. Instead, they’ll keep a safe distance, keep the conversation to a minimum, thank them for their time and move on.
Salespeople will also take the following precautions:
- perform a personal health check - if a salesperson has coronavirus symptoms they will be referred to the NHS and withdraw from the sales program
- if they’ve tested positive for coronavirus, or been in contact with someone who’s tested positive, they will self isolate and withdraw from the program
- they’ll follow NHS guidelines and maintain good hygiene levels, including washing and sanitising their hands with anti-bacterial gel regularly throughout the day
- only 1 salesperson will approach a property at a time and they will maintain a 2 metre safe distance and avoid physical contact
- salespeople will not enter a resident’s property even if they’ve been invited inside
Our representatives always wear an ID badge
If you're not sure if someone approaching you works for Bulb, ask to see their ID badge. It'll have their full name, photo and unique Bulb ID – a combination of letters and numbers that's 6 to 8 digits long, for example 'DS1234'. Email a photo of the ID to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can verify it for you.
We know it might not be possible to take a photo right now, while we're all keeping our distance. So please ask the sales person for their full name and Bulb ID instead.
We want your feedback
We're keeping a close eye on how our teams get on. So if you've met one of our salespeople, we'd love to know how it went. Let us know at email@example.com.
If you feel like they haven't met the standards we've set ourselves, then please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Here's more about how to make a complaint.