Apply for help with your energy costs with Bulb's Energy Fund

Our Energy Fund offers financial support to eligible members who need help with their energy costs. 

We’ve partnered with Citizens Advice Plymouth, an organisation that specialises in supporting people with energy debt. The Energy Fund is available to our members across the country, not just in Plymouth.

Find out:

What help the Energy Fund offers

Depending on your circumstances, we might be able to:

  • put you in touch with Citizens Advice Plymouth, who can give you advice on budgeting, managing debt, saving energy, and which benefits you might be entitled to
  • offer you a £140 grant


You might be eligible for a £140 grant to help with your energy costs if either:

  • you live in Scotland, Wales, or certain areas of England - we’ll use your postcode to check this when you apply
  • you or someone you live with has a disability or long term health problem
  • you pay for your energy by topping up your meter

You can’t get the grant if you’ve received the Warm Home Discount since 1 April 2020, or if you plan to claim it before 31 March 2021.

How to apply

To get started, we’ll ask you a few questions. Make sure you answer all the questions as accurately as possible. That way, we can work out what support we can offer you, even if you’re not eligible for getting a grant.

We’ll send you an email within 3 working days to let you know what support we can offer.

You’ll then get a phone call from Citizens Advice within 5 working days to discuss your situation in more detail. They might ask for some proof to check you’re eligible for the Energy Fund. They’ll also offer you some energy saving advice, ways to make the most of your income and let you know of other benefits or grants you might be eligible for.

Citizens Advice will then let us know if you’re eligible for support from the Energy Fund. If so, we’ll add £140 credit to your account within 4 weeks.

Get started



Was this article helpful?