If your meter has run out of credit, you’ll need to switch it back on after you’ve topped up.
Follow the steps below to reconnect your supply.
If your meter has a keypad (it’ll also have the manufacturer’s name ‘Secure’ printed on it):
- If you’re turning your gas meter back on, make sure to switch off any gas appliances in your home before you start.
- Press the ‘A’ button to wake up your meter. The screen should light up with a message saying ‘Ready’.
- Press the ‘A’ button. Next, you’ll see a message saying ‘Press B’.
- Press the ‘B’ button - you’ll need to do this within 30 seconds of pressing ‘A’. Your meter will then go back to the home screen, and the gas or electricity supply to your home will be restored.
If your meter doesn’t have a keypad:
- Press the ‘A’ button. The whole screen should light up.
- Press the ‘A’ button. You’ll see a message saying ‘PP Press B for Elec’.
- Press the ‘B’ button. You’ll see a message saying ‘Enable supply?’
- Press and hold the ‘B’ button for around 2 seconds, until you see a message saying ‘Supply enabled’. Your meter is now online again, and the gas or electricity supply to your home will be restored.