To make the most of the electric vehicle (EV) features in the Bulb app, you may need to turn on location and charging data in your EV. This way, you'll be able to schedule smart charging from the app, see your available mileage and much more.
How you turn on your location or charging data depends on what car you have.
Find out what to do for the following makes:
To schedule smart charging and see your available mileage, you need to:
How to become a key user
- On your Audi’s MMI (dashboard), tap ‘User’.
- Select ‘User management’.
- Tap ‘Set Key User’ and enter your myAudi email address.
- Enter the vehicle code that you’ll find on your car keyring - you may need to scratch off the label to reveal it.
- Tap ‘Set Key User’.
- Enter your myAudi password and tap ‘Login’.
To schedule smart charging and see your available mileage, you need to enable ‘GPS positioning’ in your BMW.
- In the vehicle dashboard, select 'Settings' from the main iDrive screen.
- Scroll down until you find 'GPS tracking', and check the box.
- Restart the Bulb app.
It may take a while until you see your EV in the app.
If you own an ENYAQ iV, you can link your car to see the range and battery percentage, but you won't be able to control your charging yet. Skoda is working on adding this in the future.
To schedule smart charging and view your EV status in the Bulb app, you may need to:
- activate a ‘Care Connect’ subscription in Skoda Connect
- log in with your Skoda ID and link your EV to the MySKODA app (available for iOS and Android)
If you’ve activated your subscription and linked your car to the Bulb app, you should be able to use the EV features.
Once you’ve linked your car to the Bulb app, you should be able to schedule smart charging and see your available mileage.
If your car’s in for servicing, you won't be able to use the EV features or see it on the Bulb app home screen. Once you’ve got your car back, you’ll be able to see it in the app again.
If you own an ID.3 or ID.4, you won't be able to link it to the app, as these models don’t have location capabilities. This means you won’t be able to control your EV charging using the Bulb app. But you may be able to control the charging through your We Connect app or car dashboard.
To use the Bulb app to see your EV’s range and how much charge it has, you may need to:
- activate your We Connect subscription
- finish linking your EV in the We Connect app
Go to Volkswagen Connected Services to activate your subscription and connect your EV to the We Connect app. When you’re finished, you should be able to link your car to the Bulb app to schedule smart charging and view your EV range and battery percentage.